GNU Health - A healthy initiative towards Mankind & Humanity
GNU Health is the free information system of hospital and health that gives the following services:
- EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
- Health Information System
- HIS (Hospital Information System)
GNU Health Or Proprietary System?GNU Health is a certified GNU program (back link to GNU service page). This community based project is improved in the following in comparison with proprietary system:
- Providers and administrators can download the GNU Health free of cost, study it and can adjust it to the requirements.
- No seller lock-in is there, as no seller is there. No upgrade scripts or hidden costs are there. Anybody can upgrade the most up-to-date version of it for free.
- The international community supports GNU Health. It has community, demo server, IRC channels, and documentation at the Wiki-Books, mailing lists, development environment and system of bug tracking.