Please note down the ODOO tips coming out of Media around Odoo.
- Inside your __openerp__.py, you may remove 'auto_install': False. The default value is False.
- Use self.env.context instead of passing context as an argument.
- Use self.env.cr anytime you wish to use cr related operations.
- The xml files supports <odoo/> tag now. <data> tag is no more necessary on view.
- Import statements have been made better:
|-from openerp.osv import osv, fields
|-from openerp import tools, SUPERUSER_ID
|-from openerp.tools.translate import _
|+from openerp import _, api, fields, models, SUPERUSER_ID, tools
- The default key can be specified in the field definition itself:
fields.Selection([('a', 'SerpentCS'),('b', 'Odoo')], default='a')
- self.pool.get(MODELNAME) becomes self.env[MODELNAME]
- Use CamelCase for Classname in Odoo. example : class SaleOrder().
- Use UserError from "openerp.exceptions import UserError" instead of conventional "raise osv.except_orm".
- Put all your view XML files under views directory. Put all your class files under models directory.
- The webpages translation has been made
- The import statements still have 'openerp', other conventions are moved to odoo.
- On web modules, Model_pool.browse(request.cr, SUPERUSER_ID, order_id) can be replaced by
Please see more Updates:
1. Odoo news in Feb 2015 Part 1
2. Odoo news in Feb 2015 Part 2
3. 'Shop by Brands' in Odoo
4. Digital Signature in Odoo
5. Audittrail by OCA.
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd
. is providing various ODOO services in more than 39 countries.Our services includes Training, Support, Migration, Implementation, Development and offshore. We are a team of 55 full time OpenERP/ODOO experts including 4 techno functional experts who were part of core openerp framework development and having 7+ years of experience in OpenERP.
We have conducted 50+ local and international functional and technical training on OpenERP with 90% satisfaction ratio. Look at the events
and customer feedback