Change Currency at Global level in OpenERP 7
Hello Readers, By default OpenERP configures EUR as its default currency, if you are working other than EUR currency, below are the simple steps of configuration of changing currency at global level.
- Give necessary access rights to your current user:
- Multi Currencies
- Sales Pricelists
- Purchase Pricelist .
- Go to your current company “Settings → Companies → Companies”:
- Select "your company" and go to third tab “Configuration” and assign your country's default currency.
- If company is dealing with multi currency, configure “Gain Exchange Rate Account” and “Loss Exchange Rate Account” for fluctuations of currency rate change gain and loss.
- Go to Sales → Configuration → Pricelists → Pricelists(This step would only be needed only if Sales module installed before changing Company Currency, otherwise it will be assigned automatically)
- Select Public Pricelist and assign your country's default currency as highlated in below screen
- Go to Sales → Configuration → Pricelists → Price Types:(This step would only needed only if Sales module installed before changing Company Currency, otherwise it will be assigned automatically)
- Go to Public Price and assign your country's default currency in currency field.
- Go to Cost Price and assign your country's default currency in currency field.
- o to Purchase → Configuration → Pricelists:(This step would only needed only if Purchase module installed before changing Company Currency, otherwise it will be assigned automatically)
- Select Default Purchase Pricelist and assign your country's default currency in Currency field
Currency : Code of currency. For e.g. for US currency global code is used USD. Current Rate : This field will display the current rate of currency compared with the base currency. Company : Currency and all its configuration defined for selected company. Price Accuracy Rounding Factor : The computed currency will be multiple of this value. Symbol : Currency sign, to be used when printing amount. Miscellaneous Base : If true, it will become the reference for the other currency. If this field checked the Current Rate should be 1. Usually this field should be checked in default currency of company. Make sure only one currency has this set to be True! Active : If the active field is set to False, it will allow to hide the currency without removing it Rates :This is one2many list of rates, where by adding a new rate with date, the respected Rate will be applied everywhere at global level. When a company is working with multi currency, we have to keep system updated with latest currency rates. Now managing currency updation manually become very tedious task. Here we have a module which updates currency at FIXED interval basis. You can found that module at following branch:
bzr branch lp:account-financial-tools
- Automatic update of the currency this company : True
- Currency update frequency : Day(s) or Week(s) or Month(s)
- Multi company currency : True
- European Central Bank
- Yahoo Finance
- Narodowy Bank Polsky