The Google Sign-In Authentication is a useful function that allows your users to sign in to Odoo with their Google account.
This is particularly helpful if your organization uses Google Workforce and you want the employees within your organization to connect to Odoo with their Google Accounts.
The integration of the Google sign-in function requires configuration both on Google and on Odoo.
Google API Dashboard
Go to the Google API Dashboard.
Make sure the right project is opened. If you don’t have a project yet, click on Create Project, fill out the project name and other details of your company, and click on Create.
OAuth consent screen
1. On the left side menu, click on OAuthConsent Screen.
2. Choose one of the options (Internal / External) as instructed, and click on Create.
3. Fill out your details and domain info, then click on Save and Continue.
4. On the Scopes page, leave all fields as is, and click on Save and Continue.
1. On the left side menu, click on Credentials.
2. Click on Create Credentials and select OAuth client ID.
3. Select Web Application as the Application type. Now configure the allowed pages on which you will be redirected.
In order to achieve this, in the Authorized redirect URIs field, enter your database’s domain immediately followed by /auth_oauth/signin.
For Example: https://mydomain.odoo.com/auth_oauth/signin, then click on Create.
Google Authentication in Odoo
Retrieve the Client ID
Once you have done the previous steps, two keys are generated on the Google API Dashboard: Client ID and Client Secret. Copy the Client ID.
1. Go to Odoo General Settings ‣ Integrations and activate OAuth Authentication.
Note: You may have to log in again after this step.
2. Go back to General Settings ‣ Integrations, activate Google Authentication, then fill out the Client ID with the key from the Google API Dashboard, and Save.
Log in to Odoo with Google
To link your Google account to your Odoo profile, click on Log in with Google.
Contact us & Explore More about SerpentCS